keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

Second opinion] - my social security, my social security

Customer Question

Second opinion] - my social security
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my social security cant be pulled up by stores why?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

You asked for a second opinion & apparently a third also.

The same expert (Lane) provided the answer to your question and also provided the same answer to your third request asking the same thing.

I agree with everything he told you. You don't want your Social Security number available to anyone who asks for it. That would be a recipe for disaster, ie. fraud & all kinds of other ways to destroy you financially. It literally can be done in a few minutes these days. That's why there are some protections in place to limit your liability in cases of stolen identity, for example for stolen credit card information.

If you aren't satisfied with our comments, perhaps you can clarify exactly what you are asking or are concerned about and I can respond in greater detail.

If not, and this second opinion satisfies you that the first opinion is accurate, then I would appreciate it if you would rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you this morning.

Thanks very much,