Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Was my original payment amount correct, they said i was

Customer Question

was my original payment amount correct
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: they said i was penalized for not paying in for a few years
JA: The retirement accountant's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: where do i go
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: took retirement at 62
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 20 days ago.

Hi. ... My name Lane.

....

I can help here ... The amount that someone gets when retiring at 62 is 25% less than what ould have been received at age 66 (Full Retirement Age)

...

If, for example, the amount you were to get at Full retirement (that comes on the statement that they send) is 1500 per month, then the age 62 benefit is (1500 x .75) = 1125

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at ALL, before rating me.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating using the Stars on our screen (and clicking submit).

Otherwise I'm not compensated for the time here.

...

Thanks!

Lane

... I have a law degree, with electives in Tax Law, Estate law, Corporate law, and business planning … an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.