keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

My wife and l live on SSI and Medicare A& an frankly what we

Customer Question

my wife and l live on SSI and Medicare A&B an frankly what we are seeing online is scareing the hell out of us, are we looking at looseing our house?what the internet is telling us all monies will be gone by 2017, I am 70 yrs. old and worked all my life putting my share into the system, and so has she. something wrong with this picture. Your's Leon Ross
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I was not retired from Ford motor co. I was Laid off. in 1980. My wife retired as a nurse
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 27 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

I don't think you should worry about Medicare going broke. The government is not going to let that happen.

Some of the alarming information comes from websites trying to raise money on the premise that they are going to lobby the Congress to take action to restore the long-term financial stability of both the Medicare & Social Security programs.

Most of the problem comes from the fact that the "baby boomers" are not coming of age and retiring and going on Medicare. The program is most likely going to change (increase) the contributions that the current workers pay in order to keep the programs solvent.

There is absolutely no way that the government is going to let either the Medicare program or Social Security program reach a point where there are insufficient funds to meet the programs' promises to current retires and soon to be retires.

If benefits are revised it will be for workers currently under age 55, so you really have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps reassure you with respect to your future Medicare & Social Security benefits.

PS: I'm in the same boat you are so I'm not making these statements lightly.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 26 days ago.

Just checking in..............

Have you had a chance to review my response?

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no extra charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,