keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I was told I would receive back pay they already took out

Customer Question

I was told I would receive back pay they already took out there part but I have heard nothing back
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i am receiving benefits now but have not heard anything about the backpay
JA: The retirement accountant's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: they already received there part. i was asked if i wanted to appeal the dates, i said no.my paper work says my back pay is 7,659.oo
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: i am just waiting for my backpay.i only get 851.00 and i cannot work need that money to catch up on past due bills cannot ever reach any one on the phone
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Are you referring to back disability benefits?

Did you engage an attorney or other representative to represent you in your dealings with the Social Security Administration?

If so, do you know how much you agreed to pay them out of the retroactive benefits you are entitled to?

Have you checked with them as to the status of your retroactive benefits?

They may have received them and are in the process of preparing your share of the retroactive benefits, and then they will forward them to you.

You should follow-up with your representative as if they represent you, they will be the ones to find out from the Social Security Administration the status of your retroactive benefits.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of any payment you have already made to the site.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 19 days ago.

Just checking in..............

Have you had a chance to review my response?

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no extra charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,