LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I was wondering about ssi .And how it will change, I get SSI

Customer Question

Hi. I was wondering about ssi .And how it will change
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I get SSI now . Always been depressed and nerves bad . Draw only 753 a month . Can't hardly live . Just need to know what will happen under Trump
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Just that I don't understand . I don't know what to think and am more nervous now .Thank you
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 23 days ago.

Good afternoon Randy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Because the maximum payment that a person can get from the feds is $735 per month, that means that you are getting additional money from your state each month.

There are presently absolutely no plans---either in the present administration or the trump administration to cut SSI benefits for the disabled. The major changes that are planned are directed toward new and higher social security taxes for both workers and employers, eliminating waste, fraud and abuse by cheaters of the system and possibly limitations on the extremely wealthy qualifying for benefits.

For folks like yourself whose only income is SSI, you will not see a change in your benefits simply because the administration changes.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 21 days ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, you can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug