LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Need a new one. My SS# is 540-44-4337, I have lost my SS

Customer Question

need a new one. My SS# *****###-##-####
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have lost my SS card and need a new one. My SS# *****###-##-####
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you are extremely concerned about your risk of identity theft, then you might consider taking a one year subscription to one of the credit watchdog companies that will immediately notify you if someone else uses your identity to try to take a loan or get credit from somewhere. The cost is about $100 per year for the watchdog service.

Here is a link from which you can get the application to order your replacement card:

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/

Alternatively, you may go into your local social security office and fill out the same form. Either way, you will get your new card on average 7 to 10 days after you submit the application for the replacement card.

I hope you found my answer informative.

I wish you the best in 2016.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, you can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug