Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am currently receiving my late husband's Social Security

Customer Question

I am currently receiving my late husband's Social Security benefits. From that Medicare comes out. Here's my problem. I applied for dissability due to severe spinal stenosis and severe sciatica which is pressing on a nerve. I was turned down. I can not work, and I am moving to a much less expensive apartment. can you help me in any way?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: My husband dies of a war related illness, ALS 6 years ago. The VA has been impossible to deal with, however I do get 1254.00 monthly. Part of my back issue had to do when trying to lift my husband after falling from his wheelchair. I haven't ever been the same.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

If your application for disability benefit has been denied, you need to apply for reconsideration. Most applications are denied on the first application. Some applications are not approved until they have a hearing before Administrative Law Judge. The first thing you should do now is to request for reconsideration of your application. The notice of the denial that you received would tell you how to do this and the timeline for it. For more information, click here.

Best wishes,