How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3427
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in Montreal and I have a US pension and would like

Customer Question

I reside in Montreal and I have a US pension and would like to change my direct deposit bank
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my social number is###-##-#### you make a direct deposit in my bank account, but I want to change the bank information
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: my new address also
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with your U.S. pension plan, and we do not have access to your personal information.

You will have to contact the U.S. pension plan directly to provide your updated information. If you give me the name of the U.S. pension, I may be able to find a contact number that you can call.

Thank you and best regards,


Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I do not understand why are you there, it is very difficult to call the Social Security US gov. from Canada, the phone number that they give does not work for us canadiens. I have a US social security pension which is deposited in my bank account and I changed banks plus moved. I need my pension amount to live and it is deposited by the 3rd of every month, I do not think you can help
Expert:  Barbara replied 25 days ago.

I apologize, but your original question mentioned U.S. pension rather than Social Security.

If you wish to contact Social Security, you will call the number listed in the following link BASED ON THE LAST TWO NUMBERS OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.

There are also Canadian field offices for Social Security. Their locations and phone numbers are in the following link:

Please let me know if you are successful with contacting Social Security with this information.

Best regards,