Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Cannot understand why my SS payment was, Usually, my SS

Customer Question

cannot understand why my SS payment was
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Usually, my SS payment had been $1237 . I received a letter saying that it would be less last month which it was $990. This past month it was supposed to go back up but it didn't. It was $1015.10. I found out when I checked my bank balance. Since this is an auto deposit, I need to know what my future deposits will be and why they decreased it in the first.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Wyanell ****** - *************
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: My bank account # is *********
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you have to go to the local office of the Social Security Administration ("SSA") to obtain this information. SSA is the only one that can provide the information that you are seeking because it has all your information. SSA Claims Specialist can look into the SSA database and review your record and tell you exactly what is going: why your benefit amount is being decreased and why and what your next payment amount would be and why that would be the case.

Best wishes,