LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I want to change my direct deposit of my SS check from Wells

Customer Question

I want to change my direct deposit of my SS check from Wells Fargo to Keypoint Credit Union.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to have my SS check sent for direct deposit to Keypoint credit union.
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: my name, checking acct #, routing #, address of credit union etc.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 25 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Do not close your Wells Fargo account until you have received your first social security deposit into your new bank's account.

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Do not close your old account until the first payment has been deposited by social security into your new account. If you close the old account too quickly, you could miss a monthly benefit payment that could take 4to 6 weeks to get back from social security,

Alternatively, if you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

The information that you already have will be sufficient for you to process a change in banks for your social security benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug