LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

You helped me with an issue a little while ago concerning a

Customer Question

You helped me with an issue a little while ago concerning a loan I took out not realizing it would be taken out of my SS. Which is all I have to live on. I closed my account and now have my monies direct deposit to an opt debit card. I sent the company's cease and desist letters as you requested. Today I got a package from them FedEx. I am afraid to open it for fear of going to jail. What should my next step be?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 25 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Let me assure you. You cannot go to jail for not paying a bill. At most you could be sued for the debt and you will not be served with a lawsuit though FedEx. You would be served a summons and complaint by a police officer or a process server.

It is perfectly safe to open the envelope from FedEx.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug