dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

A woman is 66. She wants to keep working until 70 and let

Customer Question

A woman is 66. She wants to keep working until 70 and let her benefit grow. For the next four years can she draw a check based on the earnings of her ex- to whom she was married more than ten years?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Because she was born before 1953 she will still be able to utilize restricted application (claim spousal benefits and let her own to grow until 70), assuming she is eligible for benefits based on her ex records: they were married for more than 10 years and the ex is 62 or older.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 27 days ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?