Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

What do i need to do to receive ss I just turned 62, I nedd

Customer Question

what do i need to do to receive ss I just turned 62
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I nedd to know what papers need to be filled out before I go down to the office
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name's Lane ... I can help here.

...

You can apply for retirement benefits in several ways. (Most find it easier to use the online application)

...

See this from Social Secufity;

...

You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse's, Medicare or Disability Benefits online.

If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can:

• Call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****); or
  • Visit your local Social Security office. An appointment is not required, but if you call ahead and schedule one, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at ALL, before rating me.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and clicking “submit").

...

Thanks!

Lane

...
I have a law degree, with electives in Tax Law, Estate law, Corporate law, and business planning … an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Just in case the link above for applying online didn't work, here's the web site where you can apply for retirement benefits online:

...

https://secure.ssa.gov/iClaim/rib

...

Lane