annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

Ty I made a mistake on an application for extra help on

Customer Question

ty I made a mistake on an application for extra help on medicare part D how do I correct it
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I incorrectly enter a years worth of benefits under a wages question. I have no wages just social security benefits
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: this is regarding the extra help with medicare part d costs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

Do you remember where you went to apply for help? Was it some place you went in person, or did you apply online?

Probably the easiest and best way to correct this is to contact Medicare directly at (1-***-***-****) and advise them of the error on the form you submitted. Also, please see below for information on obtaining help for Medicare part D:

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/help-paying-costs/save-on-drug-costs/save-on-drug-costs.html

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justansewer,