Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

How do I change for one bank to another for direct deposit?

Customer Question

JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: How do I get ready?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: For years I have had Bank of America as my bank. But I now live in Middleburg, Florida and the nearest bank is too far away. I want to switch from Bank of America to Vystar Credit Union. Which is just a few blocks away from me. I don't drive anymore and it isn't always convenient to get a ride.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: N0
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name's Lane ... I can help here.

...

There are three ways to change your Social Security Direct Deposit:

​...

1. Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
  2. Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or
  3. Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

...

If you can just get down to the credit union one time (and they MAY be able to do this over the phone) they have the forms right there, to start having the deposit coming to your new credit union account.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Finally, if you'd like to do this online through Social Security, here's the web site for setting your "My Social Security" account, where you can anything from chaning direct deposit, to printing out your benefits confirmation letter.

...

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have questions at all, before rating me.Please let me know if you have ANY question at ALL, before rating me.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and clicking “submit").

...

Thanks!

Lane

... I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.