Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

Just want information on an death of a friend in Ghana? The

Customer Question

Just want information on an death of a friend in Ghana?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The man was supposed to have died in recent couple of weeks and because of information I have received it could be either a fact or a scam. What do I need to provide?
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: This person was supposed to have sent me a package through London City Airport, I have information from the airport that it is there. Concerned it is all scam. Am trying to verify if that person died.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Unfortunately, this is a scam. Hopefully, you have not sent them any money yet or given them any information about your bank accounts! These facts mirror identically an ongoing scam. Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. You should never send them any money up front or provide them any information about your bank accounts. If they want you to pay them anything to get your money, it's a scam. If there is an inheritance, they can deduct any expenses, taxes, fees, etc., from the inheritance. if they tell you this is not possible, it's because there is in fact no inheritance from which to deduct these costs. There are no sets of circumstances where if there is truly an inheritance that you should have to do anything but receive your money net of any expenses. If they tell you otherwise, all that tells you is there is no inheritance and you are being scammed.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!