dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I wish to apply for Social Security Disability. I am

Customer Question

I wish to apply for Social Security Disability. I am presently drawing Social Security of $960.00/mo
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I took early retirement at age 62 and continued to work part time, but due to Right hip problems as well as my Bi Polar disease I am no longer able to work,and can not live on $960.00/mo.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: I have applied for a VA Disability pension in 1986 but have not received a ruling.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You may be eligible for for social security disability benefits if you have not reached your full retirement age yet.

If the social security determine that your disability started BEFORE you applied for your early benefits, your benefits will increase permanently and you will receive retroactive payments back to 62 (difference between what you should have received and what you actually received.

However, if your disability started AFTER 62, your benefits will temporary increase and at full retirement age your benefits will be reduced back to your current benefits. And there will be no retroactive payment.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?