LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am currently on SS disability, and I also have disability

Customer Question

I am currently on SS disability, and I also have disability Ins policy with Unum until 2020. I would like to know if I will be able to receive disability retirement after my Unum policy ends
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 29 days ago.

Good evening Barbara,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Eve after your private disability insurance may run out through Unum, you will continue to be eligible to receive social security disability benefits that you are presently receiving until you reach full retirement age---which at this point is at least to age 66, and following that your benefit will automatically be converted to your social security retirement benefit.

So yes, you will continue to get your SSDI benefits even after your benefit with Unum ends.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 28 days ago.

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug