keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I need to change banks for direct deposit, I am changing

Customer Question

I need to change banks for direct deposit
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am changing banks and I need to change my direct deposit
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 28 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The easiest way to make this change is online at www.ssa.gov

You can quickly set up your own account under "My Social Security" and one of the options is to change your direct deposit information.

Once you set up your account, then you will be able to update your direct deposit information as follows:

Direct DepositX

You can start, view, and change your direct deposit information of record via the My Profile Tab on my Social Security. In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect.

Who can start or update their direct deposit information?

People receiving Social Security (Retirement, Survivors, and Disability) benefits can use my Social Security to start or update direct deposit information.

.........................

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of any payment that you have already made to the site. There is no charge for providing my rating.

Thanks very much,

I see that you have had a chance to view my response.

Do you have any additional follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,