Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I was married to my first husband 111/2 years. I'm currently

Customer Question

I was married to my first husband 111/2 years. I'm currently drawing disability and D.I.C. From my last husband. If my first husband passes away am I able to draw anything from him even if he is married to someone else when he passes away?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. I am also drawing a pension. We had 2 children together.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and thank you for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer to your question.

Yes you are, as long as you were married longer than 10 years and did not remarry (or are currently not married). Even if he is married, you can still qualify for a survivor benefit as an ex spouse. Also understand that you cannot also get SSDI at the same time. You can only get the larger of the two benefits.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?