Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Ed 2 times today I was called 2 rimes today to go to Bank

Customer Question

ed 2 times today I was called 2 rimes today to go to Bank and have a check made payable to sis they gave me the incorrect amount the first call and the 2nd call corrected amount to be payable to social security and then on Thursday to meet with agent at social security office on Folsom blvd at 11:00 am to give her, Crystal Darby, the check.., the phone nor that called me was the following 1(###) ###-#### I could not contact them from Bank, Wells Fargo
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: yes, the Wells Fargo Bank said that Social Security needed to send them approval to release the funds
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Hi My name’s lane. I can help you here.

This sounds an awful lot like a scam that’s been very pervasive lately.

Neither IRS nor Social Security calls you and asks for you to give them money.

They do this (if there is really any money owed) through the US mail.

This is Very likely a scam … someone trying to play on yournfear and take your money

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before you rate me

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit").

...

Thanks!

Lane

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.