Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I need to come in today and set up my direct deposit

Customer Question

i need to come in today and set up my direct deposit changing banks my office is on spruce st Inglewood clif
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I got inheritance check and went to wells fargo was a cashiers check so set up acct with wells fargo n closing bank of amerca
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: no just need apt today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

You can go now go to http://ssa.gov/myaccount

From there you create a passworded account for yourself with the SSA. You then login (remember your login details) and click on the link for changing your direct deposit. However! I'd wait til you see the moneys go into the new account BEFORE closing the old one.

There are other helpful documents,including annual SS earnings statement, benefits verification, 1099 etc. You can change our address, etc., should the need arise.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!