Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If a person is receiving Medicare Disability and has her

Customer Question

If a person is receiving Medicare Disability and has her Medicare premium taken out. can she apply for SSI to increase her monthly amount. She ends up with 700 a month. She is trying to apply for Medicare savings program. But she is unable to meet her monthly bills with only the 700.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Actually she is on Disability Medicare and is 46 years old. She needs glasses as well.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes. You can apply for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) if you have limited income and resources. You can apply on the phone, online, or your local Office. Click here for more information.

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.