How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13283
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I receive a pension can I get unemployment benefits in

Customer Question

If I receive a pension can I get unemployment benefits in California? I have been getting social security insurance as well, Went to work this year. Worked 2,000 hours this year. mike b
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Mike, sometimes you CAN collect both, but it is very intricate and will depend on the specifics of your pension receipts. When you applied for CA UI benefits, and when you continually re-certify your eligibility for same, you answer particular questions, including those related to any pension receipts. Those questions seek to determine if you can collect both, so you must answer them specifically. Here is some more info on when you can and can not collect both, or have a reduction in UI benefit:

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!