Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Ing my Social Security Benefits at age 62. I decided to go

Customer Question

ing my Social Security Benefits at age 62. I decided to go back to work and had my Social Security put on hold. How do I restart them?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I placed my beneifits on hold in August 2015 and went back to work. I am no longer working and would like to start to receive my benefits . My last day at work was 10/26/2016. Do I need to go to the Social Security office to start the process? When I placed them on hold in August 2015, I was told that all I needed to do was let them know when I wanted them reactivated.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Only that I have been working since August 10,2015
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name's Lane ..... I can help you here

...

No, you don't have to go into the office.

...

You can do it that way, but you can also use the online application or simply call the national main number.

...

See this from Social Security"

...

You Can Apply or re-instateOnline - Use our Social Security Retirement/Medicare Benefit Application to apply for retirement, spouse's, ex-spouse's or Medicare benefits.By phone - Call us at 1-***-***-****. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY 1-***-***-****.In person - Visit your local Social Security office. (Call first to make an appointment.)
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Here's the web site for the online benefit applicatoin:

https://www.ssa.gov/retireonline/

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before you rate me

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit").

...

Thanks!

Lane

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I have forgotten my re-entry number
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

OK, so that leaves you with calling... They're open 7 to 7 in all time zones.

...

My clients tell me tha calling Tuesday through Thursday there's a shorter wait time ... but either way, you might want to take the phone to a comfortable chair and be prepared to be on hold for a while.

...

And even if you want to go to the office, caling first to get an appointment typically makes things easier.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Again here's the number: 1-***-***-****.

...

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content. Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the work here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I will call out SS office for an appointment.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough.

Otherwise I receive no crediting for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

But again, let me know if you need more on this.

Lane