Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My husband and I need to know how we can get our social

Customer Question

My husband and I need to know how we can get our social security checks sent to the credit union instead of the bank?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: we are now having the checks sent to the local (Tooele) wells fargo bank and wish to have the checks sent to the Heritage West credit union
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No, we just want to get everything in the same place to make it easier
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name's Lane ... I can help here

...

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Please bear with me for a moment, while I prepare your response.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Yes, there are three ways to do this:

...

(1) go to the online social security account called "My Social Security," and you can do this on line.

...

Here's that web page: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

...

(2) you can also call the Social Security Call Center. The representative there can do this as well.

...

1-***-***-**** ... You can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

(3) What MY clients have told me works best and most predictably is to go into the credit union and have them change it for you. All banks and credit unions have a form that you can sign that allows them to make the change.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before you rate me

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit").

...

Thanks!

Lane