Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I receive monthly SSD. Social Security Admin is withholding

Customer Question

I receive monthly SSD. Social Security Admin is withholding reserved funds I had previously received and had sent back by a rep payee when I moved. I moved back to the county I was previously residing in and have the same payee in place but they still haven't released the reserved funds. I have talked with reps multiple times and they confirm they have the funds and can't do anything while the payment center does whatever they do. Just giving me a run around.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What are my options? How can I get SSA to release these reserved funds?
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

If you have sent letters (certified RRR) to the SSA and have had no result for, say, 60 days, it is time you initiate the steps to have a Congressional Inquiry made. You do this by contacting your congressperson - via his website - which will typically have a link to "help with a federal agency" - he typically has an SS team to handle SS inquiries. Provide him the paperwork that applies (but nothing not needed), and an explanation of what is happening the the result you know to be due you. You will also provide him a release, usually he will have his own form for you to sign and submit so he has permission to speak on your behalf with SSA. I use them with regularity for hiccups in the SSA system or when a matter seems "lost".

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!