dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My husband wants to start taking social security. He turns

Customer Question

My husband wants to start taking social security. He turns 65 on Feb. 18. He was wondering if he applies to receive it this November, will his amount be based on age 64 plus 9 months or would it be beneficial to wait until 65 to get a larger amount?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No. That's all we were wondering about.....how the amount is determined. Thanks!
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your husband's full retirement age is 66, not 65. If he takes his benefits now, in November 2017 he will receives 91.7% of his benefits. If he starts in February 2017, he will receive 93.3% of his full benefits.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?