Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Did I work ;ong enough to draw s s Ellen ****** ********* I

Customer Question

did I work ;ong enough to draw s s Ellen ****** *********
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am 91 and never applied for ss
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I receive ss from my husbands death
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Only Social Security Administration can answer this question by reviewing your earnings records, which it has access to. I do not have access to your records. So, you need to go to the local office of Social Security Administration with your identification and sit down with one of the Claim Specialists to review your records and let you know.

Also, even if you are eligible for benefits under your records, if benefits under your earnings would be less than what you are receiving under your husband's benefits, Social Security Administration would only pay you under your husband's earnings. Since you have been receiving benefits only under your earnings, I am assuming that Social Security Administration has already made the determination that receiving benefits under your earnings would be less and is thus paying you just the survivor benefits. However, you need to make sure that this is what actually happened by going to the local office of Social Security Administration and have the Claims Specialist review your records and make sure that you are receiving the maximum benefits that you are entitled to.

Goodluck with your case,