dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I receive social security didability i am 54 years of age.

Customer Question

I receive social security didability i am 54 years of age. And teceive less than 900 dollars a month. And friend kof the court takes half of that even though my children received a portion from the time it began. Is there anything i can do. And an i eligible for more funds.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge of just $5 more I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you.

1. I will need to know, is the friend of the court collecting arrears of child support?

2. How long have you been on disability?

3. Are you paying any current child support now?

4. What are your children's ages?

Doug