How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3430
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to request a duplicate SS card for my son and

Customer Question

I need to request a duplicate SS card for my son and daughter; ages 13 and 11 respectfully. How do we apply for a physical, replacement SS card? I have their SS numbers, but a newly opened savings account for each child, the bank representative is requesting their actual cards for approval. Thank you, ***** *****;***@******.***
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You have couple of options. You can complete the application and mail it or bring it to your social security office with the following documents:

- proof of child's identity (such as birth certificate)

- proof of your identity (drivers license or other picture ID)

- proof of custody/relationship to the child (if not listed on birth certificate)

You will receive the cards within 10 days in mail.

Here's link to the application:

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?