dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am 62 and have been taking octal security for 11 months. I

Customer Question

I am 62 and have been taking octal security for 11 months. I earned unexpectantly 73000 this year but have ordinary loss to offset the 73000. Do I still pay a penalty?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a large ordinary loss carry forward. I earned consulting income of 73000. I know that I would repay my social security benefit if I did not have a loss carry forward.since I do have the loss do I still owe back to social security?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: That's it. How do I pay for services?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you mean to write "Social Security Retirement"?

2. Are you self employer? What do you mean you have ordinary loss?

Doug