LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I need a new Medicare card, My old Medicare card is worn

Customer Question

I need a new Medicare card
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My old Medicare card is worn out, could I please get a new one?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Not at this time, thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If your Medicare card was lost, stolen, destroyed or has simply worn out, you can apply for a replacement card online.

You may get a replacement card using your online “my Social Security”account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, get a replacement Medicare card and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:
http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. Then select “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”

Your new replacement card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days at the address on file with Social Security.

Alternatively, if you are willing to wait for a live person to answer the phone, you can call Medicare at 1-***-***-**** and they can process a replacement card for you as well.

Finally, you could also mail a request for a new card to the following address:

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services*****br />Baltimore, MD###-##-####/p>

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug