How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7019
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my current s.s. allowance so I can apply

Customer Question

I need a copy of my current s.s. allowance so I can apply for help with electric bills--my tax return won't suffice
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: all I need is a copy of what comes to me monthly--in hard copy.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no--
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 6 months ago.

Here are the options you have:

1. You can go online at & set up a "My Social Security" account; (It only takes a few minutes) and actually print out a number of different "Official" copies of your personal Social Security information, including confirmation of your monthly benefit amount. [I've recently assisted an elderly friend obtain that information who was applying for "SNAP" benefits (aka food stamps), and for utility costs].

2. You can visit your local Social Security office, and they will also print out an "Official" copy of your monthly benefit award for the purpose that you need. In the case of the SNAP benefits, they sometimes will say that your Social Security benefit amount is available to the SNAP agency and because of that you have to press them to get the "Official" copy printed out. That varies with the local office.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 5 months ago.

I see that you have had a chance to see my response.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.