keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I need a copy of my current s.s. allowance so I can apply

Customer Question

I need a copy of my current s.s. allowance so I can apply for help with electric bills--my tax return won't suffice
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: all I need is a copy of what comes to me monthly--in hard copy.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no--
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Here are the options you have:

1. You can go online at ssa.gov & set up a "My Social Security" account; (It only takes a few minutes) and actually print out a number of different "Official" copies of your personal Social Security information, including confirmation of your monthly benefit amount. [I've recently assisted an elderly friend obtain that information who was applying for "SNAP" benefits (aka food stamps), and for utility costs].

2. You can visit your local Social Security office, and they will also print out an "Official" copy of your monthly benefit award for the purpose that you need. In the case of the SNAP benefits, they sometimes will say that your Social Security benefit amount is available to the SNAP agency and because of that you have to press them to get the "Official" copy printed out. That varies with the local office.

Thanks very much,

I see that you have had a chance to see my response.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,