keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I AM 75 YRS OLD AND DRAW SOCIAL SECURITY AND WORK FULL TIME.

Customer Question

I AM 75 YRS OLD AND DRAW SOCIAL SECURITY AND WORK FULL TIME. I SEE AN ARTICLE ON THE INTERNET FROM MSN AND YAHOO THAT I NO LONGER HAVE TO HAVE SOCIAL SECURITY DEDUCTED FROM MY PAY BEGINNING IN 2017. IS THAT CORRECT
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

No. That is not correct.

If you can provide a link to the specific article you are referring to, I can give you a response directly to that article.

I believe that what you are reading has to do with the amount of earnings that an individual collecting Social Security can have prior to reaching full retirement age, both in the years before retirement and in the year of retirement.

It does not relate to the fact that any earnings pre & post retirement are subject to the Social Security tax.

Again, if you give me the link to the specific article, I will respond more directly to your question.

I see that you have had a chance to see my response.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 26 days ago.

Just checking in..............

Do you have any follow-up questions?

Thanks very much,