Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am writing to say that my husband died 7 Oct 2016. I am

Customer Question

I am writing to say that my husband died 7 Oct 2016. I am entitled to some funds from Social Security. His SS number is###-##-#### He was a veteran, and I wish to know the dates I will receive the funds , and the amounts.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I am the Executrix of his LWT. Barbara "Bobbie" Patterson
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Hello Ms. Patterson. My name is***** can help you here.

...

You are not corresponding directly with Social Security. You have reached JustAnswer. A service that links individuals with questions, such as yourself, with experts in Social Security, Tax, finance and other areas.

...

I CAN help you however.

...

Yes, you ARE entitled to a lump sum benefit of $255, but more important ... you are entitled to anywhere from 71.5% to 100% percent of his Full Retirement Age benefit (depending on your age).

...

We can't apply for these survivors benefits online.

...

I would recommend that you call the main Social Security number, to file for the benefit and set an appointment to go to the local social security office to show them the documentation that you'll need (marriage certificate, etc.)

...

Here's the number... They'r available from 7 am to 7pm Monday through Friday.

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Master’s Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986