Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Im the payee just started can I give money to him monthly

Customer Question

im the payee just started can I give money to him monthly (beneficiary) I do pay his rent and bills food but he smokes and order out when im not there so he need cash in hand.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: not sure how to do a payee report when asked on 3b if the payee decided how the money was spend I don't smoke I give him money he buys his cigeratte
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will answer "Yes" that you decided how the money was spent, BUT you will enter in the "Remarks" section that you provide cash to the beneficiary for items (some food and cigarettes) that he purchases when you are not present.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where would I put that at can I buy a receipt book and have him sign it when I give him cash would that be enough
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

On the form, there should be a remarks section where you can enter that information.

Keeping a receipt book is an excellent idea so you will have documentation of the cash given to him.

Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,

Barb