keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I am 86 years old. I have spoken to AARP Fouondation

Customer Question

I am 86 years old. I have spoken to AARP Fouondation regarding employment. I need to know the amount I am entitled to earn.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Evelyn *************** Mo. I am interested in office work as I use a cane .
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I do not own a car so I would be dependent on Share-a-Fare or other transportation.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Dear Ms. Kenney:

If your question is how much you can earn without affecting your Social Security benefits, the answer is that there is no limitation on your earnings. In the past the earnings limitation applied to individuals who had not yet attained age 70, but now that has been reduced to one's full retirement age, currently age 66 for most current retirees. So, you have nothing to be concerned about in that regard. Congratulations on attaining age 86 and I hope that you are able to work for as long as you wish.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com and if we can assist you again, I would be pleased to do so.

Do you have any additional follow-up questions or may I be of any further assistance?

If so, please let me know. If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment that you have already made to the site. There is no additional charge to provide a rating for me but it is important to me as it is necessary for me to close out the question and for my performance statistics.

Thanks very much,