Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am 66 & am still working full time. I am still covered by

Customer Question

I am 66 & am still working full time. I am still covered by my company insurance plan. I began drawing social security benefits from my deceased husband retroactive ack to March of this year, 2016. Now I am told that my company's prescription plan is not credible & I need to apply for Part D. All I need is the cheapest plan because my plan is still paying 100% of the cost. Don't understand this but still need advice. Thank you.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No. I plan to continue working for another year.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Hi. Looks like no one's picking this up. I can help ... My name's Lane.

...

This was likely becasue something about your employer plan isn't compliant with ACA (the affordable care act)..

...

When looking for a part D plan, what makes the plan the cheapest differs from person to person because of the prescriptions they take.

...

So not surprisingly MANY are paying mor than they should.

...

HOWEVER, Medicare has made this job easy if you know where to start. Here's the process.

1. Go to Medicare.gov (You'll see thre green buttons (places where you can click) and click on the far left one, where it says "Find health & drug plans."

...

2. Enter your zip code, and then answer the other questions as they appear.

It's VERY IMPORTANT that you choose one or two pharmacies and specify the drugs you take. Otherwise the plan finder won't return accurate information for your personal situation.

...

3. On the results page, click on "Prescription drug plans (with original Medicare)" to see a complete list of stand-alone Part D plans available in your area.

...

4. The list that pops up will automatically show the lowest-cost plan first. Medicare computes the cost including your monthly premiums as well as all your out-of-pocket costs for the list of drugs you selected.

Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Master’s Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986