annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I need proof of my social security benefit that I now

Customer Question

I need proof of my social security benefit that I now receive my ss # is###-##-#### my name is*****
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need income verification as we are buying a home
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no how do I get this verification
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

HI

Many lenders will accept your bank account showing your monthly benefit that was deposited, since they can add the $121.80/month for Medicare (if you're at least age 65).

If they won't accept that, then your best bet if time is of the essence, then you can set up an account online where you can get that information, see below:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

You can also call SS at 1-***-***-**** and request the information.

Or you can request a copy at your local SSA office.

If you can't set up an account with SS online, and you need to call, I've brought in my bank account showing the deposits every month with the promise that I will get proof from SSA, and that was accepted.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.