annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I am 80 years old and TVA just dropped or supplement to

Customer Question

I am 80 years old and TVA just dropped or supplement to medicare and also our prescription can you or anyone help me get reasonable insurance . i draw $1674.00 in social security and its hard to live on and pay for extra insurance
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I thought maybe since I have only 150.00 in tva retirement I could get some extra help financially
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 2 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi Glenn

Although it is very confusing to actually go through the enrollment process online, I do think that this change may work for your benefit. At least I hope so.

TVA is offering help with medical insurance through One Exchange, the company they have partnered with, and in order to receive help with your medical insurance premiums, you must enroll through One Exchange. Please see below:

https://www.tva.com/file_source/TVA/Site%20Content/Careers/files/OneExchange/Retiree%20Healthcare%20Cost%20Assistance%20Brochure%20FINAL.pdf

You can purchase private health insurance else where but if you want help with your medical insurance premiums through TVA, you must enroll through One Exhchange.

One Exchange is not an insurance company. It is similar in nature to purchasing health insurance through the "Market Place" as part of the Obama care plan.

I don't know about you, but trying to go through the Market Place just thoroughly confuses me. If I were you, I would call a representative of One Exchange at 1-***-***-****, and have a representative talk to you about your options and helping you find the best plan for you. Please see One Exchange contact information below:

https://medicare.oneexchange.com/about/contact

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge/

Thank you for choosing justanswere.