How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3427
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ss overpayment $38000.Iam on disability due to brain

Customer Question

ss overpayment $38000.Iam on disability due to brain injury.I have a payee.POMS manual says mo penalty for me,but how do I handle this?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I filrf s fptum with my expedes.I cannot pay this back.But POMS manual says no penalty because I have a payee.How do I present this to SS?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 4 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 4 days ago.

Is it true that you were overpaid? What are the circumstances?

If it is true you were overpaid, but you can not pay it back at all, even slowly, did you file a request to WAIVE overpayment?

Related Social Security Questions