dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Will you get involved in an ALJ hearing that was impaired? I

Customer Question

will you get involved in an ALJ hearing that was impaired? I have may have TBI from complications in prior 4 surgeries and compoundedon the day of the hearing with painful dental condition waiteing for oral sergion to bo a clomplicated infected tool extraction several days post ALJ hearing. The ALJ asked I would do a "Deal" and loose a 14 months of backpay in exchange for a "fully favorable" and I was not coherant enough to under stand that this could be done and was forced to render my
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I have 5 days to consider an appeal as of 10/19Will you get involved in an ALJ hearing that was impaired? I have may have TBI from complications in prior 4 major abdominal surgeries and compounded on the day of the hearing with a painful dental condition waiting for oral surgeon to a complicated infected tool extraction several days post ALJ hearing. I was under medical infection control meds at the time. The ALJ asked my attorney y if I would do a "Deal" and agree to lose 14 months of back pay in exchange for a "fully favorable" and I was not coherent enough to understand that this could be done and was forced to render my affirmative response under duress.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: hi Pearl thanks for considering
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

OK, it sounds like you are saying that you agreed to amending your onset date in return for a fully favorable award, at the invitation of the judge, is that correct?

And now you regret that? (And I understand you were under duress).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
unknowingly yes. BTW I am called and will be available after noon CST. sorry,

So you are contemplating an appeal to Appeals Council, it that it?

I can offer you a phone call, but it is more expensive.