dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

What is the income limit when I am on Social Security and

Customer Question

What is the income limit when I am on Social Security and does my retirement count in this total?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I make about $3500.00 a month from the state retirement system. Does this count against my monthly Social Security benefit?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I have heard that on Social Security I am only able to earn up to $1500.00 a month.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Are you currently collecting state retirement AND a social security retirement check?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No just the retirement.

You mean State, since they are both forms of retirement.

RIght?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK, did you pay SS taxes on that state job income for all those years? Is that how you earned an SS retirement benefit?