keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

To get new card...how do I do this, My card has my maiden

Customer Question

to get new card...how do I do this
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My card has my maiden name....would like to get new card..number does not change....new name will be married name......
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: my ss# *****: ###-##-####....
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The easiest & fastest was to get a new Social Security Card is to go online at ssa.gov at this link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

At that link you can set up your own account & provide the information necessary to obtain a new card in your married name.

Otherwise, you will need to go to your local Social Security office along with your picture ID & your marriage certificate & existing Social Security card in order to obtain a new card.

Do you have any additional follow-up questions or may I be of any further assistance?

If so, please let me know. If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment that you have already made to the site. There is no additional charge to provide a rating for me but it is important to me as it is necessary for me to close out the question and for my performance statistics.

Thanks very much,