Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a ALJ hearing Nov 1 2016. I just received form

Customer Question

I have a ALJ hearing Nov 1 2016. I just received form SSA-827, is that proper procedure??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes. If you have filed an appeal, SSA may send you a request for more information via request to complete authorization form so that SSA can get additional information from your health care providers. For more information on the appeals process, click here.

Goodluck with your case.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im already receiving benefits, they did a CDR last year and said I was no longer disabled I appealed while cessation to continue benefits 18 month later I get this form-SSA-887. Why did it take so long to receive this form, with my ALJ hearing nov1(two weeks from now). Could there be some incompetency involved in how my claim is being held??!

Thank you for the information.

I do not know for sure why you received the notice late. The notice could have falling through the cracks. However, you need to still complete the form and submit it following the instructions given on the notice received with the form and let Social Security Administration deal with the delay in getting the information from your health care providers. If you have current notes from your doctors make sure to bring the documents to the hearing in case the Administrative Law Judge wants to see them.

Your payment information for the call request failed. You need to contact customer service to resolve the payment issue if you still want me to call you. Phone calls are at additional costs.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could the delay, cause them to push back my hearing date(for the third time) to another date, because DDS don't have all required documents/info necessary before appearing before AMiNISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE??

It could. However, you would not know that if you do not complete the form and contact the hearing office regarding your concerns.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Iast question, can I contact someone from the field office.? Im in Louisiana and when I initially applied for SSDI(thru a local office) I found out that some presented medical(the 13 page application) evidence was not keyed into computer by local office. Omitted from my files.

You can. However, if your case has been scheduled for a hearing, the office you should be contacting will be the hearing office. Click here to get the contact information of your hearing office if you do not already have it.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.