dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I need my medicare card A & have confirmation Number

Customer Question

I need my medicare card A & B have confirmation Number 13211766 I was asked to submit My birth certificate as I was born in Germany. Went to social security of this
Morning 150 people deep. How do I do a Certified copy of by birth certificate without
sending my old original?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  taxmanrog replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Normally, the SSA and the IRS will not accept a copy of anything, even if it is notarized or otherwise certified. About the only thing that you can do is to send them your original. Alternatively, if you can get the official government agency in Germany to issue an original report of your birth certificate, the SSA will accept that. By original report, I mean a report that they print off, and put their embossed seal or stamp on it.

There is usually a wait at most SSA and IRS offices, especially on Monday. I have found that going either very early in the morning (line up before they even open) or in the middle of the afternoon (2:30ish) on a mid-week day, you will find a shorter wait. Mondays are always bad.

I hope this answers your questions. IF you have any more, please let me know and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks! Have a great week!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
RogerThank you for your helpJohanna kenyon
Expert:  taxmanrog replied 1 month ago.

You are more than welcome! Feel free to come back and ask for me anytime.

Thanks!