Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

NEED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR BANK ACCOUNTS AND DRIVERS

Customer Question

NEED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR BANK ACCOUNTS AND DRIVERS LICENSE FOR A RETIRED CANADIAN CITIZEN
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I AM GOING TO STATES TO BUY A SECOND RETIREMENT HOME IN USA, AND NEED TO OPEN USA BANK ACCOUNTS AND A STATE DRIVERS LICENSE
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: AM A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND I NEED SOCIAL SECURITY CARD FOR OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT AND A DRIVERS LICENSE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You cannot get U.S. Social Security Number just to open a bank account and obtain a State Driver's license. You must be admitted to the U.S. to reside or work in order for you to obtain the U.S. Social Security Card. You would instead need to apply for Individual Tax Identification Number to open a bank account. Click here to apply.