Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I submitted a SSA 561 with documents to verify that I do not

Customer Question

I submitted a SSA 561 with documents to verify that I do not live my spouse. I was informed that the documents would not change my Income Related Monthly because verification of my filing status was needed. The IRS has previously verified my filing status as married filing separate. Why do I still need to submit returns from 2011 to 2015, Thank you
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't believe so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Filing status can change from year to year. So, SSA is trying to verify that you indeed filed as married but filing separately for those years also. So, you need to comply with the request for verification of filing status for those years.