emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

I began receiving survivors soc sec when I became unemployed

I began receiving survivors soc sec when I became unemployed in March. I had worked the year before and three months of 2016. What money does soc sec count and what months when determining whether I have made too much...and recoup? I am 65 and will be 66 in Feb 2017
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Retirement Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

In 2016, you can earn up to $15720 before you benefits will be reduced $1 for every $2 you earn. How much did you earned this year so far?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Probably about 15000.

It is bellow the $15720 limit so you will be fine. And even if you go a little bit over the limit, keep in mind that your benefits are reduced by $1 for ever $2 you earn so at the end of the day, even with reduced benefits you still have more in your pocket. And the benefits are not lost, they are just deferred until your full retirement age. So you are really not loosing anything.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you.
I do not want to subscribe to this service.

You're welcome. And if you found my answers helpful, a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I do not have any control over the billing but I will notify the customer service for you if you like.